Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Adventures are Always Around the Corner!

So, Sunday my body decided to have some pains. Of course I get paranoid and have a pretty panicked day. The pain was not so bad that I couldn't sleep, so I tried to sleep it off. Monday morning I woke up with the same discomforts. By lunch time (after talking to good friends and my mom) decided that I better be safe than sorry, so Tayce took me to the doctor. Dr. C was not in, but his medical assistant was. She thought it might be a UTI (urinary tract infection) because they are "common" in pregnancy. Well after waiting for the test to come back there was good news and not so good news. First there was no signs of infections, but signs of blood in the urine which indicates kidney stones (especially in woman who have had them before, thank you genes for giving me the Grandma Jo kidney stone curse).
Kidney stones (called renal calculi (from Latin ren, renes, "kidney" and calculi, "pebbles")are solid concretions or crystal aggregations formed in the kidneys from dietary minerals in the urine.
So, now I continue to sit, but now I have to drink A LOT of liquids. Yesterday I successfully drank over 100 ounces of liquid and today it's only 2:23pm and I've put done 60 ounces! Thank you to all of our dear friends and family who have prayed and called and worried for us, we love you all 5 of us. (Just in case that confuses you that means Tayce, Me, Graydin, Alice and baby)

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! That stinks. I had gallstones after Lily was born. I could control t by not eating anything fatty and I wasn't pregnant and it was still the worst pain I've ever had, so I can't imagine having kidney stones! Hope drinking water helps (does that make it pass faster or something?).

    ReplyDelete